Saturday, August 23rd, at Haven Hill in Highland State Recreation Area
The Haven Hill Festival is a celebration of the amazing natural and historic resources of the Highland State Recreation Area and the former Edsel and Eleanor Ford Haven Hill Estate. This year’s free event will include activities for everyone of all ages. Vintage Model A Ford cars will be on display and an 1860’s Base Ball match will start at 10:00 am with live brass band music performed by the Novi Brass. Summer foods and beverages will be available for purchase while enjoying these other great activities:
- Model A Ford Car Display
- 1860’s Vintage Base Ball Game with Base Ball History Information
- Edsel and Eleanor Ford Haven Hill Estate Historic Photographs and Found Items Displays
- Children’s Activities Tent
- Drawing Fundraiser for a Night’s Stay at Highland State Rec Area’s Bass Lake Cabin
- Haven Hill National Landmark Area Photography Exhibit
- Art Exhibits at the Haven Hill Gate House
- Haven Hill Gate House Garage: Open to the Public
- Self-guided Tours of the Haven Hill Lodge Footprint
- Volunteers Dressed in Period Attire
- And more!
The Festival will be held on Saturday, August 23, 2014 between 10 am and 3 pm at the Goose Meadow Picnic site and ball field. Follow signs in the park to the Festival on the day of the event. The Haven Hill section of the park can be entered at 5200 Highland Road (M-59) between Duck Lake and Bogie Lake roads. The Festival is provided to the public at no charge, while entry into Highland State Recreation Area is now via the Recreation Passport on your license plate. Day passes are available for a nominal charge at the front gate if you do not have a Recreation Passport. Food and beverage sales serve as a fundraiser for the Friends of Highland Recreation Area volunteer organization. These funds will be directed towards the general operations of FOHRA and their continuing efforts to revitalize the historic Edsel Ford Haven Hill estate structures within the park.
The Haven Hill Festival is an alcohol-free, family-oriented event now in its’ 6th year at Highland State Recreation Area in Highland/White Lake, Michigan. The celebration continues to benefit the state park and the surrounding communities now and into the future.
More Info? visit www.havenhillfestival.com
The Friends of Highland Recreation Area are a 501(c)3 charitable organization. Visit www.fohra.org for more information.